Apricot Teacake

Today is the first day of Blogging Marathon#15 started by Srivalli of Spice Your Life. I missed the last BM due to a lot of reasons and this time I didn't want to miss it. For the first week I selected Bread Baking. As you all know, I am very interested in baking bread. I love the smell of the yeasted dough and the aroma which fills the house at the time of baking. So when I saw this option I selected it at once. I saw this recipe in Reader's Digest Baking With Love. I adapted the recipe from the book. I have baked these teacakes twice. First time hen I baked it, we had a low voltage and the oven didn't heat up. So it took nearly 1hour to bake and he top was white in colour. The teacakes were tasty but were very crisp and firm. So I baked it again. Again I had low voltage and I thought The same thing is going to be repeated, but after some time, voltage came back to normal and the cakes baked to nice golden colour. They were also soft and moist. The fruits give thee required sweetness to the cakes. This goes very well with a cup of coffee or chai. Take a look at other blogger's creations here.



Ingredients:
Flour-110gm
Wheat Flour-120gm
Salt-1/2tsp
Instant Yeast-1tsp
Warm Milk-2/3cup
Unsalted Butter-30gm
Castor Sugar-1tbs
Dry Apricot-80gm
Vanilla extract-1tsp


Procedure:
1. Mix flour, wheat flour, salt, yeast and sugar.
2. Add vanilla extract to warm milk.
3. Add the butter to th flour and mix well.
4. Add in the milk and prepare a soft dough.
5. Cut apricots into small pieces and add it to he dough.
6. Knead the dough for 10minutes. The apricots will star falling from the dough. Stop kneading at this stage.
7. Slightly oil a bowl, place the dough inside and cover with a cling wrap.
8. Allow it to double for 1 hour.
9. Punch down the dough and divide it into 6 equal parts.
10. Roll each portion into small rounds and place on a greased tray.
11. Cover and let it rise for 30minutes.
12. Preheat oven to 220C.
13. Bake he cakes for 15-20minutes or until golden.
14. Serve warm with a cup of coffee or chai.



Doubled dough.


Divide into 6 equal parts


Shape  into rounds and place on a baking tray


Let them double


Bake, slice and serve.

Labels: , , , , , , ,