Bread Upma

Today is the second day of Blogging Marathon #21. Upma becomes the base for a fight in our house. As I told yesterday, our first fight after marriage was because of upma. My aunts love the way I prepare upma. They say that I prepare it just like my mom. So I am always proud of the upma I prepare. Those days we got only one type of rava in our home place. So we used to get the bansi rava from Mysore so that we can prepare the same type of upma here. After a week of marriage, we were left alone at my brother's place in Coimbatore. He had to meet his client there. So I wanted to surprise him with my favourite upma!!! He came home hungry and I took him the upma in a plate along with coconut chutney. He became furious. He started scolding me, and I started crying. That day, I had upma and he ate at Annapoorna. That day ended with the fight and from then on I never prepare upma without prior approval. Today's upma is prepared with bread slices. I added some capsicum and lots of onions to make it delicious. I am the only one eating it today. But I am thoroughly enjoying it..


Serves 2
Ingredients:
Bread Slices-8
Onion-2

Tomato-1
Curry Leaves-1 sprig
Capsicum-1
Red Chilly Powder-1/2tsp
Oil-2tbs
Mustard Urad Dhal-1tsp
Coriander Leaves-3tbs
Salt-to taste

Procedure:
1. Cut bread slices into small squares. Alternately you can also crumble the bread slices. 
2. Heat oil and add mustard urad dhal.
3. When they crackle, add curry leaves, onions and capsicum.
4. Saute until the capsicum is cooked.
5. Add tomatoes, salt and red chilly powder.
6. Saute until the tomatoes are partially cooked. They must retain little juiciness.
7. Add the chopped coriander leaves and the bread squares.
8. Gently mix until the bread slices are coated with the masala.
9. Serve hot.

Labels: , , ,